- Binance will launch a Charity Crypto Card for Ukrainians who have been forced to leave the country and need help
- The Charity Crypto Card will be funded by the Binance Charity Foundation
- The card is part of plans discussed via phone by CZ and Ukraine’s Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Digital Transformation (MODT), Mikhail Fedorov
- Binance will also partner with Ukraine’s MODT to help with crypto education and regulation in the country
The popular crypto exchange of Binance is set to launch a Charity Crypto Card for all Ukrainians who have been forced to leave their country and need help. The Binance Charity Foundation will fund the crypto cards.
According to the team at Binance, the Charity Crypto Card is part of several plans discussed via phone by CZ and Ukraine‘s Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Digital Transformation (MODT), Mikhail Fedorov, to assist in the humanitarian and crypto adoption efforts in the country.
Earlier today, #Binance CEO @cz_binance had a call with Mikhail Fedorov, Vice-Prime Minister and Minister of Digital Transformation of Ukraine, and discussed:
🔸 Regulations & Licensing
🔸 Donations & Investments
Here's a thread on some highlights 🧵
— Binance (@binance) April 8, 2022
Binance to Assist in Crypto Education, Regulation, and Investments
CZ and Vice Prime Minister Fedorov also discussed the following:
- Binance’s recent $10 million donation to Ukraine was the largest by any company, with additional donations planned for the future
- Binance and the MODT will partner to provide support on crypto education projects and courses in Ukraine
- The team at Binance will advise the MODT and regulators ‘to help get crypto regulation in place’. The partnership ‘will ensure that the cryptocurrency regulations and sanctions policies are followed, with a promise to respond 24/7 should the sanctions regime be violated’
Crypto Donations to Ukraine Exceed $100 Million
Binance partnering with Ukraine’s Ministry of Digital Transformation comes at a time when crypto donations are playing a pivotal role in the humanitarian and war efforts in the country. At the time of writing, and according to the team at SlowMist.com, the total crypto donations to Ukraine have hit $103.817 million.
The funds have been donated directly to the Ukrainian government, various NGOs, and the UkraineDAO.