- The STEEM debacle overshadowed various developments in the Tron (TRX) and BitTorrent (BTT) projects.
- Through the leadership of Justin Sun, the two projects have continued on their mission to decentralize the web.
- Poloniex has also made considerable developments in the past week.
Yesterday, the STEEM Community successfully carried out a hard fork of the blockchain to create Hive. This event was a result of their disagreement with Justin Sun who had recently purchased the project. The back and forth between Justin and the Steem community has overshadowed all the development updates of Tron (TRX) and BitTorrent (BTT). The crypto exchange of Poloniex has also not been left behind. The team behind the exchange has also been hard at work building.
Recent Tron (TRX) Developments
In the past week, the Tron network upgraded to Odyssey 3.7. Justin Sun made the announcement via the following tweet.
#TRON network has released the Odyssey 3.7 on 17th March, 2020 (SGT).
The main updates in this version are: Modularized the code into 6 independent modules, User can develop customized module based on their own business scenario.
— Justin Sun 🅣🌞 (@justinsuntron) March 20, 2020
Other notable milestones of the Tron blockchain in the past week include:
- TRON Dapps reaching a total of 719 according to DApp review
- Total accounts on TRON exceeding 4.9 Million
- Total transactions on the blockchain exceeding 925 Million
- Circulation of the Tron version of Tether (USDT) exceeding 760 million
- Smart contracts on the Tron blockchain have been triggered an amazing 797 Million times
- Block height has exceeded 18 Million
Recent BitTorrent (BTT) Developments
The BitTorrent team has also been hard at work upgrading the BTFS file system. The team recently tweeted the following milestones.
#BTFS Development Update👇
✅Finished end-to-end testing for one signature payout feature
✅Finished End-to-End prototype for offline signing based upload – JS SDK client Library#TRX #BTT $TRX $BTT@justinsuntron @Tronfoundation pic.twitter.com/FzL62u0BIK
— BitTorrent Inc.🅣 (@BitTorrent) March 20, 2020
Also to note is that BitTorrent Speed has over 2.5 Million users with 800,000 using the application on a daily basis.
Recent Poloniex Developments
Poloniex has also had an eventful week with the following developments:
- Users can now buy Bitcoin with their credit or debit cards using 19 fiat currencies: USD, EUR, AUD, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, GBP, HUF, ILS, JPY, KRW, NOK, NZD, PLN, RUB, SEK, TRY, and ZAR
- The team has added 5 new margin trading pairs: BCHSV/USDT, BCHABC/USDT, XMR/USDT, TRX, BTC and TRX/USDT.
- A new VIP program has been introduced on the exchange with extra benefits such as lower trading fees, priority support and early access to new and premium features.
- The Poloniex mobile app has been updated with new features such as a full-screen option for charts.
(Feature image courtesy of Daniel Wiadro on Unsplash.)